Grade: 13 yrs and older
Subject: Educational Enrichment
Topic: Robotics, Technology, Programming
Students per Session: 3
No. of Simultaneous Sessions: 4
Session Length: 30 mins
Please contact us.
Price (United States):
Please contact us.
Sherman Go! is designed for schools, camps, workshops and team building events.
Your primary task is to get Sherman the robot through a multi-level 3D map to the star. But it is not that simple. As a team, you will need to develop and program a set of movement commands for Sherman to maneuver and avoid pitfalls while finding a way to the star. You will also need to achieve this using as few step counts as possible while working within a time limit.
With different game modes and progressive levels, this experience will immerse and test your team’s ability to work effectively together in a truly unique and engaging way.
Outcomes / Objectives:
- Cultivate collaboration & communication skills.
- Exercise analytical thinking.
- Apply time management and team organization skills.
Mixed reality activity outline:
- Sherman enters through a hatch on the table.
- Players are briefed on game objectives (dependiing on game mode) and instructions on how to interact using the HoloLens with an opportunity to familiarize with the gestures.
- A 3D multi-tier map is revealed including the basic movement commands.
- Team analyzes map and ‘programs’ Sherman by dragging commands to build a sequence of moves to get Sherman to the target. The objective is to use the least number of step counts and to complete the ‘program’ before the timer expires.
- Random bonus awards that appear throughout the game offers an additional dimension to encourage team collaboration.
- Team score is recorded as the team progresses through different levels.
What to expect:
- Our team arrives about 1 hour before scheduled start to set up.
- Players will be given a briefing on how to put on and use the Hololens and an outline of the Sherman Go! Mixed Reality experience.
- Players will be seperated into groups (depending on size of class) for each session/station to begin the experience. The sessions will be fully facilitated by our staff.
- A debrief is conducted at the end of the sessions. This include a leaderboard to see how each team performed.
- This is an indoor experience. A table at least 36″ x 36″ will be required for each group with at least 48″ of unencumbered space around the table for players to move around safely.
- Power outlets and a desk will be required for the facilitator’s station.